Friday, September 17, 2010

First Post!

I'll begin with a little about me. I'm relatively new to Victoria and I'm really enjoying it. I recently moved from Vancouver where I specialized in French and English at UBC. I chose the education program at UVic because I've always wanted to become a teacher. I have been fortunate to have had several very talented language teachers over the years who really inspired me to follow this career path. They always managed to make studying language interesting and exciting. That's what got me hooked. As a side note, this is my first time blogging and this blog project will be a great opportunity to document my journey from a student to a teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to island life Travis! Sounds like you have had very positive experiences with learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Travis,

    I'm glad you had such a good experience with language learning. That inspiration you speak seems to be just another facet of the amazing influence a teacher can have on a student. On a side note, I hope that we have lots of opportunities to continue using French along this journey. It'd be a shame to get to the classroom and be rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that teachers can leave a lasting impression. Also, I know what you mean about the French! This is the first time in a long time that I've taken classes and not been surrounded by it.

    ReplyDelete